If you’re considering starting a company, or taking your existing company in a new direction, then you may have considered ecommerce. The reality is that this can be a great option for some but it’s not for everyone. Read on to discover the pros and cons of ecommerce and then reach out to Webstract for help setting up an ecommerce website.
The main advantages of ecommerce
First, let’s take a look at some of the biggest advantages of choosing to move forward with ecommerce:
- It’s easy to find and sell new products.
- The process of buying and then selling products is much faster than in more traditional methods.
- Customers are able to easily find products from various providers without having to go from store to store.
- You can be buying and selling 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You’re able to reach more customers because you don’t have restrainers of geographical locations.
- Your operational costs will be significantly lower than if you opened a brick and mortar store.
- It’s easy to get started with an ecommerce business.
- It’s relatively easy to manage an ecommerce business.
- You don’t have to have a physical space to get started.
- The initial investment is often much lower than it would be if you opened a physical storefront.
As you can see, there are many advantages to starting an ecommerce business but it’s not the whole story.
The disadvantages of ecommerce
Next, let’s look at some of the most common disadvantages of going into the ecommerce business:
- Anyone can start an ecommerce business. As a result, there are some scammers out there who could make your company look bad.
- If you’re buying products from another ecommerce site in order to sell them, there’s no guarantee that the quality of the product will be good enough.
- There are many potential pitfalls. For example, mechanical failures can lead to unpredictable downtime and fulfillment times.
- It’s hard to build customer loyalty when you never actually meet your customers.
- Hackers are out there waiting to get into ecommerce sites to steal payment information, customer information, etc. Even one minor cyberattack could mean the end of your business overnight.
These can be potentially big disadvantages, depending on your company.
Let us help you through the process of starting a business
Whether you decide to choose an ecommerce business or something else entirely, there are many ways in which Webstract can help. From helping create mobile websites to handling your copywriting needs, from social media marketing to local advertising, we’re your one stop shop. With years of experience and our finger on the pulse of this constantly changing industry, you can trust us to offer you superior service at competitive prices.